Faith—not guns—is what will save us

During a visit to the international headquarters of ACN, in Germany, Father Honoré Quedraogo, a priest from the Diocese of Tenkodogo, in the Centre-East Region of Burkina Faso, spoke of the situation his country is currently facing. Officially, 40% of the country is uncontrolled by the State, but in the remaining 60% there are some […]

Interview – Nigeria: It is a difficult time for us, and we would call on the entire world to hold us in their prayers

In the wake of the Pentecost massacre, a Nigerian priest calls “on anybody who can, to assist us with investigations on the ground” to help uncover the truth. The first information about the culprits responsible for the killing of dozens of people who were attending Mass on Pentecost Sunday in Owo, in the Diocese of […]

Afghanistan: ACN Sees a Dark Future for Religious Freedom

On August 19, marking the 102nd anniversary of the country’s independence from British rule, Zabihullah Mujahid, spokesman for the Taliban, declared Afghanistan to be the “Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan” in his official Twitter account. Thomas Heine-Geldern, Executive President of the pontifical charity Aid to the Church in Need (ACN), expresses profound concerns about the seizure […]

ACN News: Prayers for the repose of the soul of His Eminence Cardinal Jaime Ortega

  Cuba A Shepherd to My People With great sadness the international Catholic pontifical charity has received news of the passing of His Eminence Cardinal Jaime Lucas Ortega Alamino, who dedicated his life with such care and humble concern to the service of the People of God on the island of Cuba. ACN had the […]

Egypt – Stop the terrorists

Bishop hits out at West amid reports of nearly 80 church buildings attacked By John Pontifex – ACN United-Kingdom Adaptation – Marie-Claude Lalonde – ACN Canada GOVERNMENTS in the West have come under fire from a leading Egyptian bishop who has called on them to work with the country’s new regime in defeating extremists responsible […]