Online Donation Policy
This Web site (acn-canada.org)(“this Site”) is operated by AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED (CANADA) INC. (“us”, “we” or “AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA”):
- You acknowledge that information on our Site may contain typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions, all of which we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to correct. AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA disclaims any sort of representation or claim as to the accuracy or exactness of the content and information contained in this Site and the documents, elements of content and pages published therein (our “Content”).
- You agree to use and view this Site in accordance with applicable law, and to refrain from restraining or impeding the display or use of this Site by us or any other user.
- You may access and view this Site and its Content by using a Web browser, and may print out pages for your personal use only. You may not, however, otherwise reproduce or republish any part of this Site or its Content, without the prior written authorization of AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you may not make any commercial use of any part of this Site or its Content without our prior written authorization. You may reproduce documents or photos found on our Site for your personal use only and, then, only to the extent you provide credits and source attribution, and that you make no change to such documents or photos prior to using them.
- AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA is not and will not be responsible for the content of any external websites to which our Site may link, nor for any results of your use or inability to use such third-party Web sites.
- Any and all elements of content, communications, documents and components that may be transmitted or posted to or through our Site by visitors and users (“User Content”), including any comments, questions, messages or suggestions, will be treated as non-confidential information. By transmitting such content to AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA or posting same on our Site, you grant to AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA a worldwide, perpetual, sub-licensable, transferable, royalty-free license to publish and reproduce such content on any media whatsoever, including without limitation this Site.
- If there is a conflict between the Terms and the specific terms and conditions that apply to a specific Content that may be posted through our Site, the latter shall take precedent.
- THIS SITE IS BEING PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, LEGAL OR IMPLIED. AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, LEGAL OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE WILL REMAIN FUNCTIONAL OR OPERATE AT ALL TIMES, NOR THAT IT IS EXEMPT FROM ERRORS, BUGS, MALWARE OR VIRUSES, NOR THAT YOUR ACCESS TO THIS SITE WILL REMAIN INTERRUPTED OR THAT ANY ERRORS, BUGS, MALWARE OR VIRUSES MAY OR WILL BE CORRECTED OR ELIMINATED.
- You hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, licensors, and licensees (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties“) from and against any and all liabilities and costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees’) incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of your breach of these Terms or the alleged violation of third-party rights (including intellectual property rights, personality rights and rights in their reputation) because of User Content which you submitted to or through this Site (each a “Claim”). You shall use your best efforts to cooperate with AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA in the defense of any Claim. AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any Claim or matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you.
- YOU AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA BE RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES OR ANY PREJUDICE OF ANY SORT, TYPE OR KIND THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO YOUR VIEWING OR USE OF THIS SITE, OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, WHETHER UNDER THE THEORY OF CONTRACT LAW OR ANY OTHER FORM OF LIABILITY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THIS SITE OR ANY CONTENT, EVEN IF AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA SHALL ONLY BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT DAMAGES HEREUNDER FOR AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED CAD$1.00 OR, IN THE EVENT THAT THE DIRECT DAMAGES RELATE TO A PURCHASE MADE THROUGH THIS SITE, THE AMOUNT OF SUCH PURCHASE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- These Terms will be interpreted and applied in accordance with the laws applicable in the Province of Québec, Canada, including Federal laws and regulations applicable therein. Any litigation in connection with the interpretation, application or enforcement of these Terms will be venued exclusively before the competent courts of the Judicial District of Montréal, Québec, Canada, to the exclusion of any other.
- This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective heirs, successors and assigns. Nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits, except for authorized assigns or transferees. Each covenant and provision in these Terms shall be construed for all purposes to be a separate and independent covenant or provision; If a court of competent jurisdiction holds any provision (or portion of a provision) of these Terms to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise unenforceable, the remaining provisions (or portions of provisions) of these Terms shall not be affected thereby and shall be found to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. These Terms represent the entire agreement between you, the visitor to this Site, and AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA regarding the terms and conditions that apply to your use of our Site.
- The content of this document has been published simultaneously in French on our Site, and may at all times be viewed and printed in that language.
- AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA reserves the right, at its discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms at any time, with or without prior notice to you. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. Continued use of this Site after amendment of these Terms will be deemed your acceptance of such terms, as so amended.