Red Wednesday in Canada
327 Million Christians live in a country where there is persecution or discrimination
Our brothers and sisters in the faith are subjected to persecution on a daily basis. 327 million people in the world are touched by persecution to varying degrees. We want to make them known, and we want to be in solidarity with them.
To do so, Aid to the Church in Need is organizing Red Wednesday. The event will take place on November 20, 2019. We are inviting the dioceses and asking that they invite their parishes to participate according to their abilities.
We suggest organizing a mass, a vigil, a rosary, etc. to pray for persecuted Christians. We have prepared the material for you in order to facilitate the organization of your participation in Red Wednesday.
What you can do
– Organize a mass for persecuted Christians
– Organize a vigil or a moment of prayer
– Say a rosary
– Choose special universal prayers to include in a celebration
– Wear red and invite people to wear red
– Organize a presentation on religious persecution or religious freedom with the help of Aid to the Church in Need
– Use social media to publicize the event and raise awareness of the cause using #RedWednesday
– Hold a press conference
– Have a fundraiser to help the affected communities
Events from last year:
Events from past years:
Aid to the Church in Need (ACN) is a Pontifical Charity at the service of the Catholic Church, providing support to the Catholic faithful and other Christians where they may be persecuted or oppressed or in need of pastoral care.
Communications and Media Relations
By telephone: (514) 932-0552 or 1 (800) 585-6333, ext. 224 (toll free)
We welcome your donation or any other correspondence at the following mailing address:
Aid to the Church in Need (Canada)
Postal Box 670, Station H
Montréal, QC H3G 2M6
1 (800) 585-6333 (toll free)
Ontario ACN Sub-Office
Address: PO Box 40009, RPO Marlee,
Toronto ON M6B 4K4